Selected Fiduciary Oversight Case Studies
atlantic asset management
- Appointed by Hon. William H. Pauley III, United States District Court, Southern District of New York, as Independent Monitor and subsequently Receiver of Atlantic Asset Management, a registered investment advisor with approximately $1.4bn in assets under management specializing in fixed income investment strategies.
- AAM is the subject of an SEC enforcement action alleging fraud.
- Oversaw and actively managed AAM, including winding down the firm and multiple investment vehicles, valuing esoteric investments, and pursuing causes of action to benefit the estate
- Nominated by Brigade Capital to serve on the Board of Directors of two PIMCO Funds where Brigade held an investment in Auction-Rate Preferred Stock
- Recommended by Institutional Shareholder Services, Inc. (ISS)
- Selected by a leading private equity firm to manage an investment they were required to divest for regulatory reasons
- Successfully sold the asset, which had no ascribed value, for approximately $15mm